Sunshine, Showers, and Smiles| Sewanee, TN. children's photography



Up on this mountain in the middle of winter you see a lot of fog... and I mean A LOT! Sometimes you can begin to wonder if the sun will ever show it's face. It's been a while since I posted and if you didn't know already we moved into a new home! While enjoying the excitement and fun (stressful with four kids!) of moving into a new home we have also had to deal with a lack of Internet. This has not only slowed down my workflow tremendously, but has also left my clients wondering when the heck they would see their images??? Well, wait no more! Thank goodness for kind neighbors who share their passwords! Hopefully I will have Internet soon enough, in the meanwhile I hope to share some of my favorite images as I keep the sessions comin'!

Oh so back to my earlier comment about the fog...
I shot this session nearly 2 weeks ago. It had been foggy and yes even rainy that week (shocking I am sure), it is March!  I think it's possible that I get seasonal depression, anyone up here knows what I mean. I think it's a lack of sunshine, it just gets me down and by February I am begging for the warm sunlight on my toes. I have really enjoyed my mini sessions this spring.  We have had to fight the cold, rain, and mud.  This session was no different as literally down poured the day before we shot. Even so the sun did show and we got some really cute stuff. Toward the end of my time with these cute kiddos I saw that their little cousin (who I did a session with beforehand) was running right for the puddles! Sure enough before I could get the camera in focus there were 2, yes 2, two year olds jumping in the wet soggy puddles... WITH ALL THEIR CLOTHES ON! Is it possible that I could have this opportunity??? The parents were laughing, I was laughing, and it almost felt liberating! It couldn't of been a better gift than watching them laugh and enjoy the rain puddles with the sunlight hitting their back. It was like we cheated Winter or something? It was also extremely nice as a photographer to watch such elating joy from kids. You can bet I snapped away with a smile....
We welcomed Spring that day.

Enjoy!!






No comments: